Thursday, January 29, 2015

Sweet 16 - FMS 171

This is a card which I need for the weekend, and I thought the FMS sketch this week would do the job.
Two happy accidents, I think, on this card :-)  I used my NBUS Sheena Douglas emboss folder to emboss the pink card.  It needed two passes, and as I was putting the card back in the folder, I dropped the folder and the card!  When I embossed - yep, you guessed it - I got it the wrong way round, so the top of the card is deboss, and the bottom emboss.  But, you know what, I think I like it.  And the second happy accident?
I stamped the sentiment in Blackberry Bliss onto a piece of card - then lost it!  Do you think I could find it - how does that happen?!  So I stamped again with a lighter purple ink, and I think it works better as it does not detract from the image.  I, found the first sentiment stuck to the bottom of the sewing machine when I went to put it away!

Anyway, if you are still with me after all that rambling, here is the card and sketch:
Thanks for looking.
Lynn x

4 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Gorgeous card and I am all for serendipity.
    I wouldn't have noticed the embossing if you hadn't mentioned it, but looking at it again, I think it's terrific. It's like ombre embossing. You've created a new style :-)
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like a happy accident! Sweet card! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Lynn! Love the "accidents"! Great colouring job! Love the stitching! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever "accident" there Lynn. Don't you love it when that happens?
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete