Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Valentine

I was looking through my new Quick Cards mag at the card school, which was to put a mini envelope topper onto your cards - template and sample cards by Julie Gibbs.  Then I was blog hopping and saw this sketch on Try Stampin' on Tuesday 
then this card came together

I have used paper collection from Pink Petticoat called Old Fashioned Girl (half price), and finished off with metallic thread and a heart charm.  I was going to enter this card into the challenge at Try Stampin' on Tuesday, and realised that I have not actually stamped, the sentiment in the mini envelope is a digi sentiment from the PP collection!  Ah, well ... another time.  Thanks for looking. x
Edit:  I am entering this card into the Snippets playground as the mini envelope is a snippet from a previous make.  Thanks for the nudge Di. xx

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Lynn!! Have you realised that Julie Gibbs is out very own Jules of 'Always with a heart' who originally started off the Snippets Playground over two years ago? And you did a cord bow like Jules does as well. LOVE what you did - natch I get the magazine too - I think it's my very favourite one of all.

    If you used even a teensy snippet of something leftover here - come and play in the Playground again - we'd love to see you and I have a set of fabby Heart Dies on offer this week.

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynn

    Love this envelope focal point. Fab card and great use of snippets.

    PS: Eggnog behind the bike sheds . . . don't be late!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great card. I love that metallic piece behind the strip of spotted paper. I agree with Di...your thin metallic cord reminds me of Jules!
    Fab card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Lynn! Love the envelope as the focal point! :)
    Lizy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynn

    Pleased my little envelope makes have inspired you .. .. I loved making them.

    Yours has turned out beautifully.

    Those papers are probably my favourite PP collection of all time.

    Hope you have had a good weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete